24 July 2015

GRACE STORY


art by Danielle Burkleo
Happy weekend, friends! I don't know about you but it's been one loooong week for me. I don't think I can add one more "to-do" into my planner. As I reflect today, I'm amazed by His unrelenting grace. You read so many stories in the Bible about His forgiveness that doesn't pick and choose, grace that never ceases, love that only grows. But why is it so easy to rejoice in other's stories of redemption yet, we doubt in our own?

John 1:16 ESV
For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.

I have many grace stories. When you look at me, you'll see a reflection of His many works of grace, new and old, because I fail continually. I think about the younger teenage me, giving myself at each convention, service, camp, believing that this time these prayers would hold a breakthrough, and I wonder what Jesus thought? I wonder if it broke Him to watch as I walked away from those moments at the altar having a tiny bit more doubt than faith that the promises He made for me were true? You want to believe that this time will be different. This is where His grace replaces the tiny cracks made by doubt to try and break your foundation. When you've run dry, He gives more. It's where He reminds you that He truly is enough (2 Corinthians 12:9). This is what He constantly reveals to me.

If you're coming to Him for the first time or you've been in this place a hundred times before, He rejoices to take you in. Don't worry about the past that's following you to His throne or all the baggage you're bringing along with you, He knows what you're bringing and He has room for it all.

It's always been and always will be about Him. What does your grace story look like?



1 comment:

  1. Thanks. This helps me when im feeling down and realize he renews his grace every morning

    Love you
    Dad ��

    ReplyDelete