11 December 2014

Thankful Thursdays: Peace

I'm very excited to share with you the first week of Thankful Thursdays! As a busy nursing student planning a wedding I felt like I was losing out on the simple blessings of every day. In busy schedules you forget to pause and be thankful and see the beauty around you. So every thursday I'm going to share something I am thankful for; something that I may have realized, something that got me through the week, something I've been encouraged by. Take this moment with me to reflect on life, decisions, failures, accomplishments, etc. I hope you find joy through this, too! 

Peace. I've never been more thankful for peace than I have been this week. It's one of those weeks where your flesh is just exhausted but somehow your faith is still holding on by a thread saying, "Just hang in there. I've got you. You're gonna make it through this." But in my head I'm thinking, "When is this gonna end!?" Have you ever had one of those days, or weeks, or months? You're just trying to hold your head above the water but the waves keep on crashing. Jesus never said we wouldn't get weary on this journey but, He did say we can have peace in Him to overcome. 

John 16:26
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. but take heart; I have overcome the world.

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Are you weary? Are your waves in life encompassing you? Have you ever truly experienced that "peace that passes all understanding"? Be thankful today: Your faith extends to where your flesh ends



I'm really looking forward to this! Do you want to join in on Thankful Thursdays with me? Grab the code below and share it on your blog with your post. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an e-mail at: wildgrapesblog@gmail.com
Refining the Wild Grapes




1 comment: