14 March 2014

A refuge for us

For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
for my hope is from him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
On God rests my salvation and my glory;                  
my mighty rock, my refuge is God.

Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us.

Psalm 62:5-8 ESV

I needed this today. This was one of those moments where God stopped me and was like, "Hey! Slow down and take a breath, I'm right here." He reminded me of who is in control of my chaotic life.

Lately, I have been constantly maintaining deadlines. Deadlines for papers, assignments, scholarships, nursing, work and getting all the beginnings of a bible study lesson prepared to start with one (or a few) of our youth's young women. I'm in this mode of schedules, decisions, and things I "have" to get done. It's such a sweet refresher when I can come across scripture, in perfect timing, to remind me I can pour everything on Him and He'll gladly take care of me.

When I'm all about needing God to step in right now with a step-by-step list of what I need to do and where I need to go, His word says to trust in Him at all times. When I'm overwhelmed by all the decisions life throws at me, His word says pour out your heart before him, because even while you're waiting in the silence, He listens. He understands. He shares in our feelings. He knows.
He is a refuge for you.

When you read these verses, and I mean really absorb their meaning, I hope you are encouraged as much as I am.
God is a refuge for us... and that's all the hope I need.



No comments:

Post a Comment